Monday, February 9, 2015

End of 2014 - R.I.P. Warren Clarke & Clockwork Porridge

Ok, so I haven't blogged in FOREVER. I feel terrible, I'm way behind on numerous pieces of news & new acquisitions I've added to my collection. So here is the beginning on my attempt to catch-up. First & foremost, for those who hadn't heard, Warren Clarke past away last November. A wonderful actor & a terrible loss.


"Doobidoob. A bit tired, maybe. Best not to say more. Bedways is rightways now,
so best we go homeways and get a bit of spatchka. Right, right?"

Moving on to something a little more light-hearted. Sometime last year, during one of my random Google searches I think, I became aware of Cereal Killer Trading Cards. Such a rare occurance, the 1st series included a A Clockwork Orange parody. A Clockwork Porridge.


After becoming aware of this card, I wondered what else might be out there. Which resulted in me finding out about the 2014 Garbage Pail Kids series, which included two A Clockwork Orange parody cards amongst the 'Bonus Cards'. Drew Droog & Clark Work Orange.


At this point I decided to expand my interests & join a few card groups on Facebook. However, I acquired my first card in a much less likely place. Chad Scheres(who I've blogged about before: here) shared some monster cereal art. I commented, mentioning my search for a Clockwork Porridge card. Next thing I know, another person comments, expressing the fact they have a spare. They kindly offered to send it to me(& a couple of extra GPK cards!) for my collection. My last ACO item of 2014. A wonderful gift, from a kind stranger!


To expand on the Garbage Pail Kids theme, here's a few art prints I've found over the years.
First there's Ultra Vincent by Rhys Cooper. Part of a collection he did when Galley 1988 did a Garbage Pail Kids tribute. Tragically I only learned about this piece after it had sold out. I've yet to find one being sold anywhere. I'd badly like to own it.


I also recently found Vincent Morenos art. His selection of GPK is brilliant & thankfully for us ACO collectors, he's done two droog prints. I think they're brilliant(side note: Artsy Fartsy Toys will be stocking Victor Morenos prints soon)


Hopefully I'm be posting again soon! Lots more to catching up to do!

No comments:

Post a Comment