Monday, March 18, 2019

Embroidery - SmellChops

Sometimes it's good to know people!
A friend of mine has embraced embroidery as a hobby, so I had to commission something!
SmellyChops(Josh Murphy) indulges in a lot of crafting & I'm always eager to see what he's working on. However, his embroidery work intrigues me & I found the idea of a A Clockwork Orange embroidery for my home absolutely necessary!

SmellyChops sent me progress photos as he worked. From the initial sketch, to the complete work!


I love the little stitches that add 'texture' to the piece, you can really see the time that went into this! Lucy is the perfect background image & I can only imagine the tedium involved stitching her over & over! Truly worth it for the end result!


The embroidery was beautifully framed before it was sent to me, saving me the effort of trying to centre it myself! I always love art that's ready to be displayed! Admittedly I'd have preferred a wall-mountable frame, but that's an easily dealt with problem(I mean, besides the fact my framing kit is a little diminished at the moment).


This is definitely one of the more unique pieces in my collection & I'm so glad I inquired about having something made! It keeps drawing my eye. I'm very pleased with it!

You can check out Josh's other work on his instagram: SmellyChops

Additional thought. I know I've been slack with my blogging lately. I have another post mostly written, but everything else, I'm hoping to get properly displayed before I share them. So please bare with me as I agonise over frame purchases!

1 comment:

  1. This is an excellent, interesting a fun post to read through!

    ReplyDelete