Monday, April 8, 2019

Clockwork Pino - Fools Paradise

What do you do when a amazing toy is available for pre-order & you're poor as fuck? Ask a friend! And that's exactly what I did to achieve the acquisition of this beast of a toy!
I've always found the toys Fools Paradise produce truly beautiful. Amazingly impressive pieces, in size & quality. When I learned they were releasing a A Clockwork Orange toy, I'd say my first reaction was desperation! I HAD to have this toy!


The same friend who helped me buy my Nadsat Boy last year, was glad to help me order my Pino! Then it was just a short 8 month wait to receive my toy...

Pre-ordered back in August, it finally arrived this week! This toy is truly remarkable! I'm pretty sure it's the largest toy I own! So massive in fact, that I had to start a new A Clockwork Orange shelf to fit it amongst my collection! It did give me a good excuse to dust however...


Approximately 30cm tall, made from vinyl & PVC. Originally $298 USD & limited to 498 pieces worldwide. The wrists are articulated, which made it reasonably easy to slide the walking stick between it's hands.
The juxtaposition of Disney & Kubrick amuses me greatly. As my sister phrased it "It's disturbing... so cutesy", which sums it up nicely I think. Though I'm sure we can all agree that Jiminy was always dressed in 'the height of fashion', just waiting to tolchock someone with that umbrella of his!


It occurs to me I should have done a unboxing video(not that I'm entirely sure how to do that). The packaging truly is impressive! But I've stashed it away & I'm too lazy to pull it back out again! But we're not here for the box anyway, we're here for the toy, which is truly one of the most beautiful things on my shelves! Alex said it best:

Oh bliss, bliss and heaven... Oh, it was gorgeousness and gorgeousity made flesh...

This toy has sold out, but you can check out Fools Paradise on their site, instagram & facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment