Wednesday, August 29, 2018

Nadsat Boy - Kenth Toy Works

Back when I started this blog, in my first post I shared three items. Thanks to my obsessive eBay hunting, I have finally obtained the last thing from that list! The OG Nadsat Boy by Kenth Toy Works!
Fives years of hunting paid off!

I was browsing eBay a couple of months ago & there it was! Scored this epic piece of vinyl for only $60 USD(not including shipping :P), which is cheaper then they were when they were released! I was completely poor when I found it, so a close friend of mine helped me buy it(he also recently helped me order another toy... but that's a story for another time) & now it's mine!

The seller claimed this was 'new in bag', but there's some discolouration to the walking stick that suggests otherwise. Honestly I'm not complaining, for the price I acquired this, a little discolouration isn't the end of the world. I also think the walking stick isn't sofubi, which might be a factor(PVC perhaps)... so if anyone else owns this toy & has had a similar problem with discolouration, I'd love to hear about it!

(Brand new photography tent, not a bad photo if I do say so myself!)

At 8 inches tall, this is a rather impressive addition to my shelves. The design is amazing. A simple pose, but the style of the piece lends a level of aggression to the toy. It's a wonderful homage to it's cinematic influence & a very welcome inclusion in my cabinet!


This leaves me craving a handful of other Kenth Toy Works 'A Clockwork Orange' inspired toys that I've missed in recent years, But much like I eventually found this, I hope to find those one day as well!

You can find Kenth Toy Works fantastic creations on facebook & instagram

No comments:

Post a Comment