Friday, April 5, 2019

Michelorangelo Clockwork Pizza - Jumbo Nuggatron

First designer toy of the year! A fun piece of resin to get things rolling! Part of Jumbo Nuggatrons 'Saturday Morning Horror Showoffs' series, Michelorangelo is a super fun parody toy & a welcome addition to my collection!
I had intended to buy one of these last year, took me a bit longer to pull the money together then I expected(not unusual), but I got there in the end! Thankfully, Jumbo Nuggatron is very friendly AND has the patience of a saint!


Made of resin & just over 4 inches tall. This toy is part of Jumbo Nuggatrons "Saturday Morning Horror Showoffs" series(as mentioned above), which are all based on movie related characters. It's one of 3 different toy lines he's currently focusing on. The other two are "Genetically Modified Organisms" which are all food related characters & "Super Handcast Resin Crusaders" which are all Superheroes and Villains. Turtles seem to be the base for all of these collections. A base form that seems to work surprisingly well for every design Jumbo Nuggatron has endeavoured to create!


Tragically during transit a bit of paint rubbed off on the inside of the package(so mild it didn't even show up in my photos). Not the first time I've had this happen with a toy. The backing card is a little dinged up around the edges too, but again, not an uncommon problem. Honestly not stressed about it, at least the toy is still in one piece!


I absolutely LOVE the artwork on the back of this! It totally caught me off guard! There I was snagging some photos, flipped it over to see if there was any details on the back & instead I was pleasantly surprised by the most epic piece of art! This amazing card art is by Puta Lock, who lends his amazing skills to all of Jumbo Nuggatrons toy packaging.
The back of the card also made me aware that these are limited edition! Mine is number 5 of 18.


There are a handful of these still available, along with a few other amusing parody toys! You can grab one in Jumbo Nuggatrons store.
You can check out more of Jumbo Nuggatrons work on his facebook & instagram
You can also find Puta Lock & his amazing artwork on instagram.

No comments:

Post a Comment