Monday, June 10, 2013

Stanley Kubrick at LACMA

The Los Angeles County Museum of Art is currently hosting a Stanley Kubrick exhibition. Tragically it ends on the 30th of June(perhaps I should have started my blog & posted about this earlier!). I can only hope this collection makes it to Australia one day, as Los Angeles is a bit beyond me at this particular juncture in my life. The exhibition covers Kubrick’s career, from his early photographs for Look magazine, taken in the 1940s, to his directorial achievements of the 1950s through the 1990s. Lenses, scripts & props make up only a portion of the items displayed. Simply an amazing exhibition & one I wish I could visit... many times over.



Amongst the collection there is a wide selection of ACO items. As expected, these are the items I long to see the most. Like everything from Kubricks films, it's all incredibly visually pleasing. I'm in awe every time I look through these photos.

A Clockwork Orange





Lucy & the girls are there. She's such a stunning piece of art. What I wouldn't give to see her in real life one day. I guess for now, I'll have to settle for a wonderful selection of photos instead.

Lucy




Of course, ACO isn't the only film covered at the exhibition. Here's a few pictures of the other fantastic items amongst this collection of Kubrick heaven.

The Shining




Others





Definitely seems like one of those exhibitions I hope tours the world & one day makes it to Queensland Museum, opening up the opportunity of me actually seeing all this one day. I hope for all of those you made it there, that their day was thoroughly enjoyed(though I doubt it could end any other way).

A huge thank you to Chris Santoro(Retro Outlaw) & Barsom Manashian(Simian Productions) for letting me use their photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment